Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another neighborhood in Columbia County or to Columbia County from another county, there are details that need to be taken care of, such as water, garbage service and recycling, electricity and gas, telephone, Internet connections, television, and newspaper. Start here to find out more about what you need to do to complete your move.


You’ve decided on a house, now you need information on the neighborhood you’ve decided to move to:

For information about school district’s, call the Board of Education at 706-541-0650.

To find out about neighborhood watches, call the Sheriff’s Office Community Services Division at 706-541-2856.

To find out what commissioner’s district you are in, call the Board of Elections at 706-868-3355.


For more information on Emergency Services provided by Columbia County call 706-868-3303.


Water service is provided by the Columbia County Water Utility for Martinez and Evans residents, an unincorporated community. You may telephone the Customer Service Office at 706-863-6928 or drop by their office at 4323 Evans to Locks Road, Evans, between 8 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Friday.

If you are moving to Grovetown City, water and sanitation services are provided by the city. You can call Grovetown City Hall at 706-863-4576. If you are moving to Harlem City, you can call Harlem City Hall at 706-556-3448.


Columbia County does not provide garbage pick up service. However, residents can contact the Customer Service & Information Center at by calling 3-1-1 or 706-868-3375 for a list of service providers in Columbia County. For recycling information, please visit the Recycling web page or contact Jenny Hinson at 706-312-7195.


For electric service:

Georgia Power – Residential Customer Service 1-888-660-5890 (option 8). Hours are Monday through Friday from 7 AM – 6 PM (EST)


Georgia Natural Gas 1-877-850-6200

Scana Energy 1-877-GO-SCANA


Residents have several options for these services.

Bellsouth offers telephone and DSL Internet connections. Call 1-800-626-9149

Comcast offers telephone, cable TV and cable Internet connections. Call 706-733-7712

Knology offers telephone, cable TV and cable Internet connections all one package. Call 1-877-KNOLOGY

Charter Communications offers high speed Internet, HDTV, basic cable, digital cable, interactive TV and telephone service. Call 1-888-GET CHARTER


Augusta Chronicle is the local daily newspaper. Subscribe on line or call 1-866-249-8223.

Columbia County NewsTimes is delivered to Columbia County residents on Wednesdays and Sundays with the Augusta Chronicle or you can subscribe to it separately. Call 706-863-6165


There are many options when it comes to health care in this area. The local Health Department Facilities are:

Martinez/Evans Clinic at 616 Ronald Reagan Drive in Evans. Call 706-868-3330

Grovetown/Harlem Clinic at 5915 Euchee Creek Drive in Grovetown. Call 706-556-3727

Appling Clinic at 6420 Pollard’s Pond Road in Appling. Call 706-541-1318


All of the hospitals are located in Augusta:

Doctor’s Hospital

Medical College of Georgia

Trinity of Augusta

University Hospital


For tag information, call the *county office at 706-868-6884

For drivers license information, call the local Department of Drivers Services at 1-866-754-3687

For boat registration, call the local Department of Natural Resources Office at 706-737-1480

*Boat trailers are registered at the county tag office

Author Credit: This information is courtesy of Columbia County government web site. For more information on history please visit there website here